Monday, October 20, 2008

Five Foot Thick!

K this will be TMI, but hang with it. Just under the little toe on my right foot I have a thick callous. Sometime in high school I decided to start cutting it off when it formed, and its actually kinda fun. Anyway, tonight Ryan talked about having a calloused heart, and it hit home. I still stand by my convictions that money doesn't fix things, and that we can never cure the worlds ills. Yet as I write this I can't help but think of how calloused I am. Taking care of the poor isn't about fixing their economic situation, it's about showing Christs love. I've truly failed in this. I've always felt there is some point where enough is enough, if someone won't help themselves, then shouldn't we say hey enough, I love you, but you're on your own? After tonight I know that's not the case. My job isn't to make people responsible, just like it's not my job to fix their situation. If Christ met me where I was, then it's my duty as an ambassador to meet them where they are.

No comments: